Tammi Flynn is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters Degree in Nutritional Science from Texas A&M. She is also an accomplished body builder, personal trainer and group training instructor in Wenatchee Washington. Not to mention an avid sports enthusiast (ice hockey, soccer, cycling and running) and a mother of four.
At age 18, Tammi discovered an interest in food and it's affects on health, when she was employed at her local Safeway's health food department. She went on to become a registered dietitian earning her Masters in Nutritional Science from Texas A&M while also building her knowledge as a group fitness instruction and personal trainer. In 1992 she began working in the fitness industry in various positions ranging from personal training and instructing and finally, due to her educational background and interest in food, to designing food and weight loss programs.
In 1994 Tammi opened a low-fat bakery and developed many of her own recipes. Following the birth of her first son she sold the bakery but continued to hand out the recipes.
Tammi's vast experiences have led to many discoveries, one of them being the inspiration for her new book, 'THE 3-A-DAY PLAN'. In an attempt to help one of her clients get more fruit into her food plan Tammi suggested that she eat an apple before every meal. The woman returned shortly thereafter to be measured, saying she could feel changes in her body. Turns out, she had lost one percent of body fat in only one week! When Tammi applied this to a group of people, she found that they lost three times the amount of weight than before. So she incorporated three apples a day into the meal plans for a fitness contest. And the rest is history - 376 people lost 6,312 pounds in 12 weeks. And THE 3-A-DAY PLAN was born. THE 3-APPLE-A-DAY book.
THE 3-APPLE-A-DAY PLAN book is a reflection of Tammi's vast experience in fat loss, nutrition and fitness. It details every aspect of the difficult effort for some to lose weight.
THE 3-APPLE-A-DAY PLAN book is easy to read, understand and most importantly, easy to customize and incorporate into your lifestyle. Thousands have done it - so can you!
You will discover:
- How to increase your metabolism to achieve permanent fat loss.
- Why it's important to balance your carbohydrates, protein and fats.
- The difference between over fat and overweight.
- How and why apples are used as a fat loss supplement.
- How to plan and prepare quick, delicious meals.
- How to overcome barriers and excuses.
- Why men lose weight faster than women - the role of genetics, age and gender.
- Why the scale may sabotage your efforts to lose weight.
- Personal stories and photos of people who share their past struggles with weight loss and their success, on the Plan.
- And much, much more.
Find the book at retailers nationwide or on-line at www.amazon.com or www.bn.com